Thursday, May 15, 2014

Teacher's Day

Okay, so today I found out that it was Teacher's Day (thanks to google) and decided that it was not enough sending her a greeting via email. A mere email wouldnt be able to satiate what and how much she means to me and the gratitude I feel.  So I thought it would be a good idea to shout out to her in my (supposed) book blog. The relevance is that she was the reason for this whole book review blog and without her I wouldnt have ever thought of it.
(The google image of Teacher's Day haha)

I would first like to quote a Vietnamese proverb as an analogy.

 "When eating a fruit, think of the person who planted the tree." 

And another one.

"A mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."
-William A. Ward

The first time I met her, my first impression of her was that she was really just another strict and austere teacher whom I was going to learn grammar from. I didnt hope or expect a lot really because before I met her I was a rather rebellious pessimistic misanthropist (If I didnt already emphasize that enough). But as cliche this sounds, the more lessons I attended the more intrigued and curious I became not only to the lesson but her as a teacher. We lived near each other (which was an awesome prequisite) and she told us to visit whenever we wanted or needed help. And before I realized it, I was visiting her house more often to just borrow books or have a conversation about anything and everything. I started looking forward to every class, save the moments I didnt finish my homework. But despite all, I think I grew to love her very much. After some time, I noticed myself changing and becoming more... open to things. I gradually learned how to express myself more in words and in ink. The duration with which I had met her was one of my most cathartic experience in life.

And everything that I am now, I owe to her. 


 If you're reading this teacher, I really love you and Happy Teacher's Day! Thank you for everything.






No comments:

Post a Comment